How to Setup Showmax in Your Household
Home is usually the place where people sit down to watch their favorite show on TV. However, we live in interesting times where we have options. We are not tied to the 20th century of consuming television by watching content aired by different media stations.
One of the popular options to watch content is through streaming. Showmax is one of the streaming platforms that we have today and it is arguably one of the cheapest ways to consume quality content on your home.
Showmax is available on a variety of platforms and most of these are centered around the home. If you are new to the streaming age, you may be wondering how you would be able to setup Showmax for your home.
Step 1: Data connection
Showmax needs a data connection to work and this will mean that you will rely on either a Wi-Fi network or a mobile data connection.
Mobile data works well if you are streaming content on your phone or tablet while on the go or at home. Wi-Fi is best if you are catching up on your favourite content at home or in areas like your favourite cafe.
Wi-Fi is usually the best bet for a home since it is usually relatively cheaper than mobile data. In this case, you might need a Wi-Fi connection for your house which your devices will be connected to so as to watch content on Showmax.
Step 2: Supported devices
Showmax is available on multiple platforms and you might need to know what devices are supported. Here is the official list.
- Android phones and tablets running Android 4.1 or later
- iPhones and iPads running iOS 9.3 or later
- Apple TV (4th Generation) running tvOS 10.0 or later
- Android TV devices running Android 4.1 or higher (Sony BRAVIA, Sharp AQUOS, Philips Android TV, NVIDIA Shield, Nexus Player)
- Personal Computers via web browsers
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4 (South Africa and Poland only)
- DStv Explora (Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa)
- Samsung Smart TVs (2012 and later)
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs (2015 and later)
- LG NetCast Smart TVs (2012-2014)
- LG WebOS Smart TVs (2014 and later)
- Hisense Smart TVs (Selected models, Africa only)
For Android phones/tables and iOS phones/tablets, install the Showmax app on Google Play and the App Store respectively.
For Android TVs, connect your TV to an internet connection, search for Showmax app on the Google Play Store and downloaded. If it doesn’t show u, your Android TV is not supported.
For the smart TVs, check the respective Smart TV app stores, search for Showmax and install.
In the case for gaming consoles (Xbox One and PlayStation 4), you’ll need to go to their respective stores, search for Showmax and install the app.
Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.