How To Reverse M-PESA Transactions
Imagine sending money via M-PESA or carrying out a transaction then you realize you have sent it to the wrong person. For one reason or the other you will need to reverse that M-PESA transaction. Initially M-PESA users and customers relied on contacting customer care to conduct transaction reversals.
The stress is now gone as all Safaricom subscribers can now perform M-PESA reversals on their own using these the two methods.
1. MySafaricom App
To those mySafaricom App, there are useful features on how to reverse transactions by just a click of a button.
Download the mySafaricom App here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.selfcare.safaricom
Here’s how to reverse an M-PESA transaction through the mySafaricom App:
- Open mySafaricom
- Tap on M-PESA menu > M-PESA statement > Mini Statement
- Identify the transaction which you want to reverse
- Tap on the green icon to initiate a reversal
- Confirm reversal request in the pop-up menu
You can use the traditional method for self-initiated reversal requests is SMS.
Here’s how to reverse an M-PESA transaction through SMS:
- Open the M-PESA message you received after performing the wrong transaction
- Copy the transaction code
- Create a new message
- Paste the transaction code as a message
- Send the message to 456
NOTE: Whichever method you use for M-PESA transaction reversal, the sooner you initiate the transaction the better . Safaricom only gives subscribers a small window through which reversal requests can be completed.
Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.