How to register on Mpost Postal Services.
M-post is an innovative product that allows you to enjoy Postal Services at home, in the office, or on the go at your convenience through your mobile phone – Posta Mkononi.
How It Works
Once a user registers for the service, they choose the most convenient post office (out of the 622 Post offices across Kenya) where they can receive their letters/documents/parcels. Once a letter/parcel is received by the PCK, an SMS will be sent to the user, notifying them that they have received mail (letters/documents/parcels). The user then has a choice of walking to the post office to collect the documents or ask that Posta delivers them to their house/office/different location at an extra fees. This service costs KES 300 per year.
What is MPOST?
MPost is an innovative product that enables any mobile phone user to use his/her phone to receive letters. It allows you to make your mobile number to be a formal postal address. With it, you get access to letters and parcels wherever you are in Kenya.
1. Convenience – Once the mail is received at the Post Office, an SMS notification is sent to the Phone and the mail can be delivered across the country.
2. Secure – With Mobile based service communal sharing of boxes is eliminated hence enhancing security and privacy.
3. Affordability – MPost is technologically driven and therefore riding on existing infrastructure. The virtual box costs Kshs300 per year.
4. Inclusion – The ability to entrench addressing within a populace. With MPost, anyone with a phone number can own a virtual post office box.
How to register on M-post
- Click here to register online or dial *890*90# to register via phone
Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.