MNP is a service offered by all mobile service providers that allows you to switch over to any other network provider while retaining your existing mobile phone number.
MNP allows a you to choose the network they prefer. For example, by choosing Telkom, you will enjoy the following products and services, among others:
What are the benefits of Mobile Number Portability to the customer e.g Telecom?
- Telkom Mobile Money
- Fastest data speeds on 3G & 4G network
- Kenya‘s lowest call rates on Holla
- Ziada points (loyalty points)
- Pewa (advanced airtime)
- Beat yangu (Ring back tones)
What should you do before you move your number?
- Back-up all contacts saved on your current operator SIM card
- Pay up any credit advance you may have borrowed against your prepaid account
- You should use up or retrieve any funds in a money transfer account held against the number you wish to move
- Pay up all moneys you may owe your current operator on your postpaid account. You may contact your operator to find out your final outstanding balance prior to moving.
What is the identification documents required for moving?
You can provide any of the below documents at any service provider shop countrywide
- Kenyan national identity card
- Valid Passport
- Military identity card
- Work Permit
- Alien card
- Valid driving license
- National identity card issued by parent country
- Certificate of incorporation or Certificate of registration (For corporate accounts)
How long does it take to move my number?
Moving to Telkom Kenya should take a maximum of two working days between Monday and Friday. moving will not take place on Saturdays, Sundays and all Public holidays.
Can I move out if I am a postpaid you on contract?
Yes. You will be expected to settle all your outstanding balances including your unbilled amounts and maybe required to settle early contract termination charges.
What is the stay period when moving?
Yes. It is a 14 day period after moving within which you are allowed to go back to your donor operator. You will not be charged early termination fees if you exercise this option.
How frequently can a number be moved?
You can only move to a new operator after being with your current operator for a period of not less than 60 calendar days from your last successful move.
Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.