-Only 12 out of 39 Senators present stood with Waititu.
-Tanga Tanga and Kieleweke politics took centre stage.
Embattled Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu was on Wednesday officially impeached by a majority vote in the Senate, becoming the first sitting governor to be ousted in such a manner.
In the three charges facing Waititu, a majority of Senators voted for the impeachment with only 12 out of the 39 present votings against the motion.
Below is the list of Senators who voted against Governor Waititu’s impeachment motion.
- Mary Seneta – Nominated Senator.
2. Kipchumba Murkomen – Elgeyo Marakwet County.
3. Samson Cherargei – Nandi County.
4. Moses Wetangula – Bungoma County.
5. Mithika Linturi – Meru County.
6. Susan Kihika – Nakuru County
7. Anwar Loitiptip – Lamu County
8. Millicent Omanga – Nominated
9. John Kinyua – Laikipia County
10. Aaron Cheruiyot – Kericho County.
11. Hargura Godana – Marsabit County
12. Christopher Lang’at – Bomet County.
Kenya is my business and development in the country is my heartbeat. If you have any breaking news story on development, politics, human interest, sports, and governance that has to be told, reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can showcase Kenya together. I believe there’s no place like home and the world will know Kenya when we tell our story. I focus more on political stories, governance, education, development and human interest stories