The sporting world is still in shock after confirmed reports that NBA legend Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, Califonia alongside his 13-year-old daughter Gianna Bryant and four other people.
The late Kobe inspired many in his life and apart from his impressive work ethic and devotion to the game, Kobe’s pursue for a good life and business ventures cannot be overlooked as we bid farewell a sports hero of modern times.
Here are the moments in the life of Kobe that we shall forever hold dear.
- Kobe grew up in Italy but attended his High School in the Philadelphia suburbs.
2. His father Joe “Jellybean” Bryant was also a basketball player.
3. His love for cars led him to buy a Ferrari 458 Italia at Sh32,900, 000.
4. He owned three houses worth $18.8 million in 2012.
5. He owned a helicopter that he used for attending home games and was also notoriously generous with it to his teammates.
6. Kobe had a thing for fashion he appeared in several photoshoots like LA Weekly.
7. Bryant is the second-highest-paid NBA player with a $323 million career salary.
8. Kobe made a staggering $680 million in endorsements for companies such as Hublot, Lenovo, Nike and Panini Group.
9. Started his own company Kobe Inc. in 2013 and purchased $5.8 building in Newport Beach to serve as his company’s office in 2014.
10. In 2016, Kobe started Kobe Studios(Later Granity Studios) a production company.
11. Kobe tried his hand on raping for his first single “K.O.B.E” but the song didn’t do so well.
12. Kobe met his wife Vanessa during the shoot of his single “K.O.B.E” and they got married in 2001 and blessed with four daughters.
13. In 2003, Kobe was accused of raping aa woman his Colorado Hotel room.
14. In 2011, Kobe’s wife Vanessa filed a divorce but they eventually reconciled and called off the divorce in 2013.
15. After retirement, Kobe became an analyst for NBA and WNBA players, teams and trends on ESPN+
View this post on Instagram
Such an awesome day celebrating the inaugural season of Mamba League in NYC with @nikebasketball and @childrensaidnyc. What a joy to see #MambaMentality come to life with the next generation of athletes at Milbank Community Center. Love that kids are building confidence on and off the court and unlocking their potential through sport. #MambaLeague #MadetoPlay #Wizenard
16 Kobe mentored many NBA stars such as Candace Parker, Kawhi Leonard, Russel Westbrook, Kyrie Irving, Luka Doncic, and Jayson Tatum.
Kenya is my business and development in the country is my heartbeat. If you have any breaking news story on development, politics, human interest, sports, and governance that has to be told, reach me at email@example.com and we can showcase Kenya together. I believe there’s no place like home and the world will know Kenya when we tell our story. I focus more on political stories, governance, education, development and human interest stories