What is an eSIM and How Does it Work in Cellphones?
- An eSIM is a digital SIM that allows you to activate a cellular network on your phone without using a physical SIM card (Nano-SIM).
- eSIM is a common feature in iPhones.
- To use an eSIM, the cellular network, for example, Safaricom must support the eSIM.
- eSIMs can be set up in the Cellular or Mobile Data option in your phone’s settings.
- With eSIMs you can use two or more phone networks, with two being active at any given time.
- You can switch between networks as you please.