-The President will also call for investment opportunities in the food and nutrition sector, affordable housing and Universal Health Coverage.
-Uhuru and Raila will be expected to educate the Americans on what the Building Bridges Initiative is all about.
President Uhuru Kenyatta jetted out of the country on Monday morning while ODM leader Raila Odinga left on Sunday evening to attend the 68 US National Breakfast Meeting.
State House spokesperson Kanze Dena revealed that the two leaders have been invited by the US Congress to attend the breakfast meeting scheduled from February 5-6 2020.
As the two leaders will be touching down in America what exactly should Kenyans expect from their travel. Below are five goodies that Kenyans should expect from the trip.
- Uhuru and Raila will be expected to educate the Americans on what the Building Bridges Initiative is all about.
2. Calls for a referendum by June 2020 has been one of the loudest pronouncement by leaders allied to the handshake/BBI hence the two leaders are also expected to explain to the Americans why Kenya needs a referendum before the 2022 general elections.
3. Uhuru to work closely with the US government in crafting a trading arrangement that guarantees continued market access for Kenya’s products in the US market after the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA)comes to an end in 2025.
4. Uhuru to hold bilateral meetings with senior US government officials and the private sector, he will meet American business membership groups.
5. The President will also call for investment opportunities in the food and nutrition sector, affordable housing and Universal Health Coverage.
Kenya is my business and development in the country is my heartbeat. If you have any breaking news story on development, politics, human interest, sports, and governance that has to be told, reach me at email@example.com and we can showcase Kenya together. I believe there’s no place like home and the world will know Kenya when we tell our story. I focus more on political stories, governance, education, development and human interest stories