2 cups Self Raising flour (All purpose flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder if using All Purpose Flour
3 tablespoon Margarine/ Butter
4 tablespoon Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1 glass of Milk
1/2 a cup Lemon Zest (Grate 2-3 lemons)
1½ tablespoon Cinnamon
1½ cups of oil for deep frying
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- Rub in the margarine or butter into the flour
- Add Sugar
- Add Cinnamon
- Add Lemon zest
- Mix the eggs and milk together and pour into the mixture to make a dough.
Knead the dough until firm but soft.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes for soft mandazis.
- Roll out the dough and cut into suitable shapes. You can also use a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the mandazi until golden brown.
- Sprinkle sugar or icing sugar to garnish.
- Serve with preferred beverage
Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.