How to get blood for a relative or friend in hospital.
Most Kenyans are lost on what to do when a friend or family member at a hospital needs blood or blood product (platelets, plasma, red blood cells) transfusion.
The Kenya National Blood Transfusion Service hopes to change that. Follow these steps to get blood or blood products for a friend or family in a hospital.
- Visit the hospital’s transfusion unit.
- Ask the unit attendants to contact the nearest RBTC dispatch team.
- The attendants place a request with the dispatch team.
- Dispatch team confirms availability.
- Safe, screened blood is dispatched and delivered ready for transfusion
- Patient receives their transfusion.
- A life is saved.
Follow this process for plasma and platelet appeals as well.
This information was extracted from the Kenya National Blood Transfusion Service website. Kindly see their contact details below.
Do you have any news or article you would like us to publish? Kindly reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.